English Français
top of site link

Information & Registration

Information and registration for all Community Support Services.
title shadow image

Family Service Kent provides Community Support Services (CSS) for older adults (60+ years of age) and adults with disabilities (temporary or permanent). Through the CSS Program (formerly CHAP), Family Service Kent aims to provide safe, accessible, and affordable support services in the community to ensure people can maintain their independence and quality of life.

Services are arranged through agency staff, volunteers, and independent contractors who have been screened by us, including a police record check for the vulnerable sector, and orientated to the program. Family Service Kent tries to accommodate all requests for service; however, service provision depends on the availability of agency staff, volunteers, and independent contractors.

Potential clients or their caregivers may wish to speak with someone directly about Community Support Services. Please phone 519.354.6221 x246 for more information or to register for services.

Due to increasing service demands and high call volumes, phone registration and return calls may take up to three business days. 

Referrals for service may also be emailed to tmartin@familyservicekent.com or faxed to 519.354.5152 attn: CSS.

Find our Service Registration Form here.

Additional Resources

Advocacy & Legal Inquiries

The following are organizations who may provide guidance or advice to residents and/or their families and other supports. Some of these organizations provide information and/or assistance related to protecting the rights and interests of mentally incapable adults, capability assessments, and instances of suspected resident incapacity or residents at serious risk to themselves. Some of these organizations may also address matters of discrimination and provide information and/or assistance for low-income individuals and promote and advance human rights in Ontario.

Home, Community & Long-Term Care Issues

The following are organizations that address issues related to the operations or services provided by provincial government ministries, including the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Long-Term Care. The organizations listed below help deal with issues pertaining to care services provided through Home and Community Care Support Services, concerns about LTC home application or placement, infection prevention and control concerns, food safety concerns, as well as unresolved complaints regarding hospitals, LTC homes or home and community care.

Retirement Homes

All retirement homes must have a complaints procedure in place to address complaints about the care of a resident or operation of the home.
If someone believes a retirement home is not following the Act, they can also file a formal complaint with the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA).

Abuse or Suspected Abuse (Older Adults)

The following are organizations who help address complaints dealing with issues relating to instances of abuse, suspected abuse, care or neglect of older adults not occurring in a licensed retirement home. For instances of abuse or suspected abuse in a retirement home, contact RHRA. Please see the list below:

Residential Tenancy Issues

These organizations address issues such as increases in care service costs, the ending of tenancy notices, the maintenance or repairs of a building or suite, illegal evictions, harassment, disruptions to vital services e.g. hot/cold water, heat, electricity.

Regulated Health Professions & Health Regulatory Bodies

The following are organizations that address issues related to the conduct of regulated health professionals.
They have a mandatory reporting requirement, meaning all regulated health professions have a duty to report certain information to colleges, including the suspicion of sexual abuse of a client/patient, professional misconduct, incapacity and incompetence.

Tribunal Boards

Health & Safety Concerns

The following are organizations that address complaints issues that fall within the jurisdiction of other regulatory bodies.
This includes concerns about fire, building, elevator, workplace health and safety concerns, and employment standards.

Feedback Resources

Family Service Kent

We are committed to maintaining a high-quality standard of service to the people of our community.
We appreciate hearing of any suggestions, complaints, concerns, or compliments you may have with any of our programs and/or services.
Phone: 519.354.6221
Fax: 519.354.5152
Email: feedback@familyservicekent.com
Mail: 50 Adelaide Street South, Chatham ON, N7M 6K7.

Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA)

Please share your patient experiences & feedback with Taryn McGregor-Van Hooren, CKHA Patient Relations Specialist.
Phone: 519.352.6400 x 6418
Fax: 519.436.2535
Email: patientrelations@ckha.on.ca

Erie St. Clair Home and Community Care Support Services (HCCSS)

HCCSS welcomes your compliments, concerns, complaints, appeals, and other inquiries to enhance the patient experience. To start, please speak with your Care Coordinator.
More information can be found on their Feedback, Complaints and Appeals do​cument.​